New wheels

Old bender

 


Went with Cupcake to Pure Hockey this past Sunday to see what would fit my wide ol’ lady feet. After 10 years in the Eastons, it was time to swap out. The blades had been sharpened to nubs, and one of the blade holders was cracked. Not to mention the boot was beginning to give out. I would have stayed in Eastons, but alas, they are no more.

Prior to the Eastons, I had CCMs and considered getting another pair, but you know what? At my level, it’s not like it matters, and the intermediate M4s have solid reviews. So I got the Bauers baked and cracked jokes while waiting for them to cool down. Holding off on getting anything punched out until I get a few skates on them. I’m thinking the usual inside right toe.

Skated on them for the first time this morning and Holy Cats it was like learning how to skate again. Tried a stop, caught the heel and promptly fell down. Good thing it was a skill session; I caught either a heel or toe and hit the deck on every drill. They started to feel better by the end of the session, but I hated the feeling of lacking confidence in my feet. One of my old teammates said it took her about 4 skates to settle in, so that means about 20 for me, ha. My legs are junk right now from all sorts of new and interesting muscles being activated trying to get a feel for the skates.

Still, it feels so good to be back on the ice; it’s been about a year or so and I’m sure that factors in as well.

Comments

Popular Posts