Big goals!
I’m contemplating taking a run at a classic format Beginner Novice three day event in Maryland this October. I need to complete 3 horse trials at beginner novice on a score of 50 or lower and no jump faults, and (I think) one additional horse trial with 20 or fewer jumping faults. A lot of things have to go right before October, so to keep from freaking out and being overwhelmed, I'm taking it one day at a time. I mean, I'm planning my weeks so I get all the training and conditioning in, but then just focusing on each day's task.
That being said: we've entered the GMHA starter horse trial later this month, and then in July our first sanctioned event since 2006: Huntington! The first step on the way to the Waradaca three-day.
Going to Tahoe for Tony's 200 mile race in September is going to take at least a week away from training and conditioning Clover. I really don’t have the money to drop Clover off with a trainer for that period, but then again, I don’t really have the money to do all the things I’m currently doing to keep Clover comfortable for eventing: Adequan, massage, chiropractic, lessons. More lessons. It's so worth it though; she's really starting to feel good and energetic! I'll have to see what would be the most bang for my buck; several days with a trainer, or beg/bribe/pay friends and trainers to drop by and keep Clover going that week. See who's actually got time at the point in the season.
Ok, here's the three day qualifying info:
That being said: we've entered the GMHA starter horse trial later this month, and then in July our first sanctioned event since 2006: Huntington! The first step on the way to the Waradaca three-day.
Going to Tahoe for Tony's 200 mile race in September is going to take at least a week away from training and conditioning Clover. I really don’t have the money to drop Clover off with a trainer for that period, but then again, I don’t really have the money to do all the things I’m currently doing to keep Clover comfortable for eventing: Adequan, massage, chiropractic, lessons. More lessons. It's so worth it though; she's really starting to feel good and energetic! I'll have to see what would be the most bang for my buck; several days with a trainer, or beg/bribe/pay friends and trainers to drop by and keep Clover going that week. See who's actually got time at the point in the season.
Ok, here's the three day qualifying info:
http://useventing.com/sites/default/files/Classic_Series_Guidelines.pdf
BEGINNER NOVICE CLASSIC THREE-DAY EVENT (BN3D) - Open to competitors of any age, on horses 4 years of age or older. The competitor must complete four USEA recognized Beginner Novice horse trials or higher**.
**NOTE: Effective August 1, 2018 the qualifications for the BN3D and N3D will require three horse trials at the same 3D level to be competed, or higher, meeting the MERs, plus one additional MER with no more than 20 jump penalties. Two of which must be completed as a combination (same) horse and rider
MER (minimum eligibility requirement):
Dressage – no more than 50 penalty points;
Cross-country – no jumping penalties and not more than 36 time penalties;
Show jumping – no more than 16 jump penalties.

Comments
Post a Comment