Greeeeeen Acres is the place to be
[gallery ids="1053187985,1053187986,1053187988,1053187989,1053187987" type="rectangular"]
Sure, there were only three entries in the Beginner Novice division, and the jumping tests weren't timed, but Clover and I finished on our dressage score of 31.25.
https://youtu.be/MGr8W01ACiY
There's some rust to be knocked off, but it was a good indicator of what to continue working on (forward! accuracy! relax!) at home.
Katrina was the perfect coach to ease us back into it; she channeled my nerves into positive energy and gave encouraging, positive, constructive tips.
I rode like a frantic monkey over cross-country and show jumping, but Clover saved my bacon and jumped cleanly everything I pointed her at. I really need to work on sitting up and keeping my lower leg on.
Because it's so late in the season and this year's schooling horse trial championships have already been held, we're qualified for next year's championships. In the meantime, we have lessons with Lila, a trip to Vermont for a weekend of lessons at Lila's (and maybe even a lesson with Denny Emerson!) at the end of the month, and a hunter pace at the beginning of October.
Who knew the world's best mare still had it in her? Apparently, everyone else but me!
Sure, there were only three entries in the Beginner Novice division, and the jumping tests weren't timed, but Clover and I finished on our dressage score of 31.25.
https://youtu.be/MGr8W01ACiY
There's some rust to be knocked off, but it was a good indicator of what to continue working on (forward! accuracy! relax!) at home.
Katrina was the perfect coach to ease us back into it; she channeled my nerves into positive energy and gave encouraging, positive, constructive tips.
I rode like a frantic monkey over cross-country and show jumping, but Clover saved my bacon and jumped cleanly everything I pointed her at. I really need to work on sitting up and keeping my lower leg on.
Because it's so late in the season and this year's schooling horse trial championships have already been held, we're qualified for next year's championships. In the meantime, we have lessons with Lila, a trip to Vermont for a weekend of lessons at Lila's (and maybe even a lesson with Denny Emerson!) at the end of the month, and a hunter pace at the beginning of October.
Who knew the world's best mare still had it in her? Apparently, everyone else but me!

Comments
Post a Comment