Elementary? No, BN!



Yes, that's 3'3". Training height! Another incredibly productive lesson with Lila this past Sunday. She had me put my stirrups up another hole so I could really get off of Clover's back and get her forward to the fences. The block oxer had a bit of spread, too.
https://youtu.be/b8obAfzcNNI
Lila gave me more good pointers: get off Clover's back in between fences, sit the last few strides (or around corners, etc.) to organize, but keep leg on, and STOP swishing your hands at her head, it's counterproductive. Learn to use lower leg effectively. Clover will get to a good spot every time if she's forward enough. GALLOP. GO. GO!!
After our ride I mentioned to Lila that I set a schooling horse trial as a goal--just at elementary--and Lila said to go for beginner novice! Woo hoo! Green Acres, here we come! She also said we should come up to Tamarack's schooling jumper show next June: warm up at 2'11", then go 3'6". I think the phrase "you'd dominate" was used...and then, go Novice next year! We're getting it back! Unfinished business off the bucket list!

Comments
Post a Comment