Lessons with Lila

It may be hard to see in these photos: I'm smiling. I rarely smile when engaging in complex physical activity like riding or skating; I'm usually mentally beating myself up for not being better.

19055856_10102695711040371_2103249557916391047_o

6595

Lila came back to Riverside this past weekend, and I made sure to sign up for a flat lesson as well as a jumping lesson this time. Both days were amazing, just simple, simple basics and lots of encouragement. Forward, give, more forward, give. The muscle memory of applying the aids is rusty but coming back. A little leg yield, a little shoulder fore into a lighter halt. Make sure things are correct before asking for an up transition.

Trust in the process; it's a work in progress is my new updated mantra. I feel like we have a solid base to build from, now that I know Clover is healthy and strong enough (like Jen and Sarah and Katrina have been telling me!), I think we might have to go ahead and see what happens from here. We have a cross country school with Lila in a couple of weeks which should be a metric ton of fun and inform me more about which direction to go; hockey might be taking the backseat while I explore this renewed connection with Clover.

Comments

Popular Posts