The answer is add more leg.
The last few rides since riding with Lila have really been a serious reminder/wake up call as to how much more leg I need to use. Monday's flatwork finally starting coming together when I got Clover going forward enough to have to use half halts to keep her from rushing and dumping on her forehand, and when I could soften the rein aids enough but keep contact, she really started coming through. Should be so simple but it's not for me. I'm always battling overthinking and lack of coordination.
She literally had her ears up until I pointed the camera at her.
Went on a short hack with Bri last night; again I realized I could use leg to mitigate some of Clover's silly spooking (round bales? really?) and get her focused back on task rather than looking to get out of work. It was another gorgeous evening, to boot (see what I did there?)

Lila is coming back to Riverside this weekend and this time I'm riding with her both days: flatwork on Saturday and jumping on Sunday. I think we'll show some improvement and also looking forward to finding some of the tools for the toolbox that I seem to have misplaced.
She literally had her ears up until I pointed the camera at her.Went on a short hack with Bri last night; again I realized I could use leg to mitigate some of Clover's silly spooking (round bales? really?) and get her focused back on task rather than looking to get out of work. It was another gorgeous evening, to boot (see what I did there?)

Lila is coming back to Riverside this weekend and this time I'm riding with her both days: flatwork on Saturday and jumping on Sunday. I think we'll show some improvement and also looking forward to finding some of the tools for the toolbox that I seem to have misplaced.

Comments
Post a Comment