New bridle

I picked up a new Harwich bridle from Smart Pak for Clover; it was super inexpensive and I've been wanting to get a schooling bridle without a crank noseband, just a regular flash, and it fit the bill. Or is that filled the bill? After some fiddling with cold fingers, I got it adjusted to Clover's head. It fits well enough, but I may get a larger brow band, with silver clinchers, because I'm tasteful and classy like that. Ha.

Hopped on Clover and did some more walking in the indoor, partly to start getting her into condition, partly to work on coordinating my seat-leg-hand aids to get her to reach into contact and stretch over her top line and down. Mixed results: she was looky by the door and a little hesitant at the spooky end of the indoor (but getting better) and I got "handsy" in an effort to keep her focused and marching along, which resulted in her getting disconnected and not stepping up evenly behind. Also, curiously enough, she only had foam (a.k.a. "lipstick"--foamy saliva showing acceptance of the bit) on the right side of her mouth; the left side was much drier. I'll need to look into what causes that--probably my heavy left hand. It's a work in progress. My new mantra is ride consistently; be consistent.

Comments

Popular Posts