Sitting here in Blue Jay Way


img_20161217_111500802




I think most people aren't crazy about blue jays but I love 'em. We have one or two that visit our feeder, they usually announce themselves with a SKREEEK! and try to figure out how to get seeds out of the feeders made for smaller birds. Usually they resign themselves to nipping seeds off the ground and flying to a low branch to eat them.





img_20161217_100627472-animation









The end of the week had been frigid, so I didn't get around to riding Clover until yesterday. She'd been in for two days keeping her sick stablemate company, and she had a good amount of energy which unfortunately I had to channel away from spooking at the back of the indoor.





I spent most of the time at the walk, doing circles, changes of rein through the circle, and small figure eights to keep Clover bending and focused, as well as riding her a little more deeply than usual (encouraging her to stretch her head down to help keep her calm).  I had to stop for a bit while the farm owner brought the tractor back in from moving snow. They store it in the fenced-off section at the back of the indoor, where Clover sometimes spooks and starts.





I finally got her up to the trot in both directions and called it a day on a good note.


Comments

  1. Not the Blue Jays I'm used to seeing, but very nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha thanks, I guess here in Sox nation we're not really Blue Jays fans after all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts