Getting back to it

img_20161212_183614477

Finally felt well enough to hazard a ride on Clover last night after a week and a half. I finally got my voice back over the weekend, and the crap feeling is mostly gone.

Clover is Clover and remains constant, no matter what. Started to pick up where I left off; she was looky and cautious at the back of the indoor again, but was fairly quick off my leg, and started reaching into the bridle with some encouragement. After having not ridden for a while, I planned on doing only walk/trot work; a warm up to get us back into it.

It wasn't to last; I was overly optimistic in my choice of hand wear. I hoped if I was warm enough, I could get away with riding in regular riding gloves instead of winter gloves, but having bad circulation my hands froze up pretty quick and forced me to cut the ride short. I tried to gut it out by alternating hands in armpit in a feeble attempt to warm them up (note to self, ride with one hand more often; it forces me to use other aids--seat/leg--more evenly) but the pain was making me nauseous.

Comments

Popular Posts