And here were are, at Tuesday again.
What happened yesterday. Work. The new dressage stirrup leathers that Jen ordered for me came in. They're just the right length on the shortest hole; I suspect Kat will gradually have me lengthen them as my hip flexor unkinks so I can lengthen my leg and keep it there. Like I haven't been struggling with that for ages:


Rode Clover in the indoor. She wasn't keen on going near the back of the indoor, shekept looking and scooting past that entire end. I got a little impatient at times, giving her a boot or snap with the whip to try and get her focused and forward, but then I'd remember the video that shows how a horse sees and feel bad. Still, we've been in there enough lately that I'd think it wouldn't bother her. Jen and Kat say she's taking advantage, trying to get out of working harder, but I don't know. The answer is always somewhere in the middle, right?
The usj: bending lines, circles, leg yields along the wall and away from the wall, trot-walk transitions (just a couple), canter, a couple canter circles. More scooting away from the back of the indoor. Stretch out on long rein to cool down.
It's hard to work within your limitations, try to work past them and remember to be just and consistent with the aids. And breathe.

Rode Clover in the indoor. She wasn't keen on going near the back of the indoor, shekept looking and scooting past that entire end. I got a little impatient at times, giving her a boot or snap with the whip to try and get her focused and forward, but then I'd remember the video that shows how a horse sees and feel bad. Still, we've been in there enough lately that I'd think it wouldn't bother her. Jen and Kat say she's taking advantage, trying to get out of working harder, but I don't know. The answer is always somewhere in the middle, right?
The usj: bending lines, circles, leg yields along the wall and away from the wall, trot-walk transitions (just a couple), canter, a couple canter circles. More scooting away from the back of the indoor. Stretch out on long rein to cool down.
It's hard to work within your limitations, try to work past them and remember to be just and consistent with the aids. And breathe.

Comments
Post a Comment