Another Friday

Another lesson with Katrina! We started out with the same exercises we did last week (rein-back, leg yielding along wall, small circles moving the haunches out on a small circle and my struggles continued, but I realized it's partially me not using my "seat" (torso, abs, etc.) as a unit--I'm trying to give aids all piecemeal and uncoordinated. We started trot work this week; Katrina got on and showed me what Clover can still do--be lighter in the bridle, respond to lighter leg aids, etc. Clover looked pretty good! She still has it. I want to get it back. I have to be patient with myself; don't get on and think I have to be perfect, not be a head case about it.

Sarah, another boarder at Riverside and an eventer to boot, waited around for my lesson to finish so we could hack out together around the field. Clover was a total dead head with another horse for company. Funny how she (me?) isn't so brave on her own.

I'm getting trial saddle #3 early next week: a Thorowgood T8 Compact GP. If this doesn't work, my next stop is a Tekna. I have a feeling I'll always be a two saddle rider. All-purpose=no purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts