So it continues.

Attempted saddle #2 last night, a Stubben Roxane. It was a bit tight in the shoulder for Clover, and put my leg too far forward--I'd be fighting to get it under me for flatwork. So that goes back. We did more flatwork than I intended, Clover was more forward so I did some more trot and even a couple of canters. Still, half-halt does not mean halt! Slow progress, just keep chipping away at it. Katrina's coming Friday to give me a lesson. Did I mention my timing is off, all the bad habits like looking down, fiddling instead of asking definitively, being too tentative are all back. You should have seen my attempt at a trot-canter transition. I pretzeled.

Went out for a short hack down the far side of the field, along the treeline. Discovered the back end of the winery that abuts the farm, and a snowmobile trail.

Comments

Popular Posts