And into week 2
of re-riding. Figured I'd attempt some ring work and work on my seat--it isn't a following seat, probably because I never developed a true independent seat, and also I tend to tense it up when using leg aids. We did do more walk-halt-walk, walk-trot, trot walk transitions; the walk-trot transitions need work; I need to stop throwing my hands away and be patient as she gets fitter. I'll keep working on it, and plan on getting back into lessons on Clover and other horses whenever I can. I also figured I could start asking more of Clover, she needs conditioning but she's also galloping down to the pasture and was very forward when we hacked out the last ride. But what wound up happening, was I couldn't get her forward enough to be more through/on the aids, and I got too handsy with her. She's understandably a bit ring sour, so I think I'll do more riding out and conditioning before tackling too much more flat work. And some lessons for me on a neutral horse.

Comments
Post a Comment