Lesson
Rode Clover this week; last week I wound up riding Katja as another student had “specially requested" Clover for her lesson. My boss came and watched, she volunteers at a large rescue that has a lot of horses, and her interest in riding has been growing.
I had a pretty good ride, even though Clover hadn’t been ridden in a couple of days. She was a little tough to warm up, but once we got going she was fine, forward and not to hard to get on the aids. In the past I struggled with warm up on Clover, it seemed to take so long to get her working through and I used to agonize over it. All she needed was consistency. Now she so much stronger, her left hind is finally there—to the point where she’s going better to the right!
We did the usual, working on a circle off the rail, some counter bending up the long side, and then added a different exercise: halt, turn on the forehand 360 degrees, and trot off. Then, same exercise, except trot off for two strides and go into the canter. It got Clover’s inside hind underneath her and pushing off.
I had a pretty good ride, even though Clover hadn’t been ridden in a couple of days. She was a little tough to warm up, but once we got going she was fine, forward and not to hard to get on the aids. In the past I struggled with warm up on Clover, it seemed to take so long to get her working through and I used to agonize over it. All she needed was consistency. Now she so much stronger, her left hind is finally there—to the point where she’s going better to the right!
We did the usual, working on a circle off the rail, some counter bending up the long side, and then added a different exercise: halt, turn on the forehand 360 degrees, and trot off. Then, same exercise, except trot off for two strides and go into the canter. It got Clover’s inside hind underneath her and pushing off.

Comments
Post a Comment