Lesson

After a couple of weeks of being sick (stomach bug, then a cold) I finally got back into the saddle tonight for a lesson. I rode Clover, who I have to say is going really nicely--light to the aids and forward. Michele's done a great job with her--the free lease is going well. I rode in my new (used) Kieffer Wien, which happily fits me and Clover well. I was worried that it would pitch me forward on to my crotch, instead of sitting square on my seat bones, but I sit up in it pretty well; Michele confirmed it. Aside from being weak and tiring out after 40 minutes, my overall position is pretty good, considering the lack of riding this winter. So, I haven't gone backwards, I just need to get my strength back. Yoga and regular saddle time should do the trick.

Now that Keane's had the winter off to grow some more, I'm ready to start him up again and plan on trucking him to the indoor this weekend to start doing some lunging. Hopefully after getting him started on the ground, I can get back in the saddle and start working him more consistently--4 times a week at 4 years of age, as the old adage goes.

Time to set some goals, so I don't wallow around and get off track. I'm tentatively planning on doing a walk/trot test at the first MRF show in June, and maybe even do a ride-review-ride before that in April. Depends on how the footing is in March and April.

Comments

Popular Posts