Still moving along
I moved Keane back home (to Christine's) back on the 13th. He settled in well, except Mico picks on him more than he used to. Keane's got all sorts of scrapes, but nothing major, and he doesn't seem to be fazed by the new herd order in the least. New Herd Order. Heh.
I've been lunging him at Christine's, and trucking over to Michele's to ride in lessons. The last time I lunged him, this past Wednesday, he was great. Fairy steady, and quiet, but forward. And obedient to the aids--Kelly put great brakes on him! I even had a new bit in his mouth, a single jointed loose ring snaffle, which he seemed to be accepting more than the Happy Mouth full cheek. Having his teeth floated (and a single wolf tooth pulled, from the left side of his mouth) has helped too.
I rode at Michele's this past Monday, and again he was very good, despite not having been actually ridden in a week. But he was more consistent into the bridle, and I'm able to steer him with more subtle aids. The last two rides have really given me more confidence.
I've been lunging him at Christine's, and trucking over to Michele's to ride in lessons. The last time I lunged him, this past Wednesday, he was great. Fairy steady, and quiet, but forward. And obedient to the aids--Kelly put great brakes on him! I even had a new bit in his mouth, a single jointed loose ring snaffle, which he seemed to be accepting more than the Happy Mouth full cheek. Having his teeth floated (and a single wolf tooth pulled, from the left side of his mouth) has helped too.
I rode at Michele's this past Monday, and again he was very good, despite not having been actually ridden in a week. But he was more consistent into the bridle, and I'm able to steer him with more subtle aids. The last two rides have really given me more confidence.

Comments
Post a Comment