Pole day
Lunged Keane over poles. He had his first audience watching him today and, considering his level of focus, he did ok. Tony's mother and sisters came along to watch. Not very exciting, I'm afraid. I'm glad Tony was along to help straighten out the poles when Keane knocked them out of place. Not that the poles go flying, but they're pvc, and if he brushes one with a hoof it gets out of order. And that would be a pain to have to stop every time to right it.
So, yeah, I had 3 poles set out on the circle, and after warming Keane up without and then with the side reins, I started working him over in each direction. Saturday is pole day, right? Ha. It's good for him because it teaches him to look down, lower his head and use his back more, as well has being careful about where he puts his feet. Again, as long as he's not rushing around inverted, he goes nicely. He sure does have a big stride.
So, yeah, I had 3 poles set out on the circle, and after warming Keane up without and then with the side reins, I started working him over in each direction. Saturday is pole day, right? Ha. It's good for him because it teaches him to look down, lower his head and use his back more, as well has being careful about where he puts his feet. Again, as long as he's not rushing around inverted, he goes nicely. He sure does have a big stride.

Comments
Post a Comment