Lesson on Katja

Another lesson on Katja last night, and I'm still pleased to find that I keep making incremental progress, despite the lack of (productive) riding in between lessons. Once in a while I get on Mico, but the flatwork has been inconsistent and he can be a pill, so it turns out to be more of an exercise in patience. But then we'll go on the occasional hack, and I'll work in half seat, trying to strengthen my legs and core. Last night there were some spot thunderboomers floating through the area; Katja was slightly distracted but never out and out spooked or anything. My focus is improving, and I was able to keep her more or less working through (riding every step, und so weiter).

Lots of work on 10m circles, even some sitting trot. Because my lower leg is becoming more stable, and therefore more useful, and my wrists and elbows are more supple and less prone to locking up, and my seat is getting stronger, and I'm allowing more with the reins, AND the timing of my aids is improving, I was able to ride Katja around more or less on steady contact. I'm feeling pretty positive about it, which is a 180 degree turnaround from how I was feeling about my riding ability a couple of years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts