Keane update
Just talked to Kelli to get a quick update on Keane. She said he is doing great, responsive, smart and has plenty of energy in their ground work sessions. She'll be backing him soon--hopefully while I'm visiting him this Saturday, so I can video it. She did up his feed, which I expected, and she said he was well-behaved and happy. I asked if he was being a pain at all, but he's getting along well with his turn out buddy and doesn't mind being stalled at night.
I started riding Mico again--mostly hacks, but I've started flatwork again, too. He's out of shape, and I don't think he likes my saddle, so it's been hard to get him going straight and with a consistent rhythm (speed up slow down speed up slow down speed up spook slow down). But all of the angst I went through with him a few years ago is gone. I'm optimistic that I'll "get" him again once he starts to fit up and I continue with my lessons. I'll have to ride in his Sigfried next time to see if I can regulate my seat better with that saddle.
Lesson tonight! Hopefully between Katja and Mico, I'll finally get more coordination and refinement with the aids.
I started riding Mico again--mostly hacks, but I've started flatwork again, too. He's out of shape, and I don't think he likes my saddle, so it's been hard to get him going straight and with a consistent rhythm (speed up slow down speed up slow down speed up spook slow down). But all of the angst I went through with him a few years ago is gone. I'm optimistic that I'll "get" him again once he starts to fit up and I continue with my lessons. I'll have to ride in his Sigfried next time to see if I can regulate my seat better with that saddle.
Lesson tonight! Hopefully between Katja and Mico, I'll finally get more coordination and refinement with the aids.

Comments
Post a Comment