Black fly season

I helped time events at the UNH woodsmens spring meet, and between that and a horrible sun induced migraine, I didn't get much of a chance to play with Keane, beyond running the shedding blade over him and breaking out the fly spray. Black fly season started Saturday. I didn't get to see Clover go in yesterday's clinic at MRF, either. But last Thursday I did put my jumping saddle on him for the second time--he didn't care one bit. I tightened up the girth enough to keep the saddle secure in case he did jump around, and lead him with it on. Again, no big deal. All I could think was, I'm so close to getting on him. He's 3 1/2 and I have to keep telling myself he's ready to be backed, he's not a baby anymore. He's a great colt on the ground, I really hope he is good under saddle as well.

Comments

Popular Posts