I just rode in from Cleveland and boy do my legs hurt

I feel like ass today. I was supposed to have another riding lesson this evening, but feeling migrainy, I've rescheduled it for tomorrow. Monday nights are going to be my regular lesson night. I actually resumed lessons this past Saturday, after not having ridden at all for the past two months--since sending Clover to MRF--and after not having taken lessons since last September? October? I rode Katja, the big Dutch mare, and man are my legs killing me. Michele had even taken it real easy on me--just w/t/c and a couple of 20m circles, just to ease me back into it. She's trying to re-establish my position again; I felt like I was all over the place, especially my legs. I've lost my left seat bone again, it's hard to put weight down through my left leg. My wrists were tight, my legs crept forward, but I just laughed at myself for being so pathetically out of shape.

My attitude has changed, though. I'm not beating myself up for not being perfect anymore. I've learned to just shut up, listen to Michele, and ride. I may be weak and feel insecure, but I'm not letting it debilitate me any more.

Comments

Popular Posts