Back into lessons
I feel so optimistic right now; I emailed Michele this morning to see how Clover was doing (Clover has been great - she has a real fan club. She’s been good with the beginners and making the riders work for what they get! I think she is really happy with all the attention she’s been getting), and to schedule a lesson. I haven’t ridden at all since I dropped Clover off at MRF, and had done very little (~1x/week) since last fall. Gradually, over the winter, I realized that I want to pursue dressage more than eventing at this point. As I came to that decision, I found more and more reasons to ride dressage: less tack and gear, money saved on entry fees, I’ve never been a gutsy rider, and I’m becoming less adventurous by the month, MRF is nearby so I’ll save more money on gas, I’ve already ridden with Michele for a year and a half so she knows what my needs as a rider are, and instead of freaking about schooling flatwork AND jumping AND cross country I can focus on one discipline. Not to mention the money saved on entry fees for events I’ve scratched out of for whatever excuse I hatched up. I can continue what I started (barely) at Southgate Farm when I was back in high school. So, I feel relieved with the direction I’m taking. With Keane being backed soon I need to get fit for riding again. I want to get into MRF again so I can transition to lessons on Keane when he’s ready, for little half hour lessons a couple of times a month. Tony’s right, I need goals or I’ll flounder around aimlessly forever.

Comments
Post a Comment