Dressage? O'rly?
I come to a conclusion about riding and have a discussion about it with Tony on instant messenger:
Lise: I was just telling christine that I don’t think I have the guts for eventing
that I’m thinking more and more about dressage
Tony: yea?
o’ryl?
Lise: ha ha yeah
Tony: ha I can’t do it right
O’RLR!?
Lise: also, dressage is more practical to pursue
I’ve got several great instructors available
Tony: going to trade Keane in for a big ass caddy?
Lise: a big assed caddy? like a dumbblood?
Tony: Yea I know…I like michele a lot
Lise: I mean, warmblood?
yeah?
Tony: I like her lesson style with you a lot
and I can’t stress that enough
Lise: oh yeah?
Tony: and you would do well to accept that she is doing you good and that YOU ARE IMPROVED
Lise: no nonsense just do it
Tony: Gonna knock you in the head every time you refuse to believe that
Lise: yeah
well, dressage has always been a huge challenge for me
Tony: Funny i think its your best discipline
Lise: I feel like I’m going in that direction, as much as I love eventing and hate dressage queens …
really? dressage?
haha
that’s very astute of you
Tony: yea..your scores have never been about your ability but the limitations of your horse
you have have very good form
and the mechanics that you have learned from michele have shown a great improvement in bringing the whole package together
Lise: well, thanks!
Tony: the only thing hold you back is you sabotaging yourself with negative thoughts
Lise: I know
Tony: You ride better than most people I see
even the people that beat you in competition
Lise: and I feel like that’s behind me more–I can accept that I’m not a total dressage machine, and it’s a striving for constant improvement
thanks, jeez
Tony: they just have better horses and you don’t give yourself the credit and therefore you don’t put the correct time into practice
Lise: you hit it right there–practice wise that is
Tony: I know I did
I’m smart like that
Lise: my mindset is definitely changing
Tony: and sometimes I want to kick you in the ass
Lise: I know everyone does
it’s kind of a choice of convenience too, though
Tony: well its silly ..You have potential..more potential than most riders in your age group will ever have
Lise: easier to pursue just one discipline
thanks
Tony: but you need to want that potential and you are only going to achieve it by doing it
so yea
I’m done
$500 please
Lise: haha aw
you could be a sports psych!
how about that for a career change?
Tony: people like you would drive me batshit
haha
I mean that lovingly of course
Lise: I was just telling christine that I don’t think I have the guts for eventing
that I’m thinking more and more about dressage
Tony: yea?
o’ryl?
Lise: ha ha yeah
Tony: ha I can’t do it right
O’RLR!?
Lise: also, dressage is more practical to pursue
I’ve got several great instructors available
Tony: going to trade Keane in for a big ass caddy?
Lise: a big assed caddy? like a dumbblood?
Tony: Yea I know…I like michele a lot
Lise: I mean, warmblood?
yeah?
Tony: I like her lesson style with you a lot
and I can’t stress that enough
Lise: oh yeah?
Tony: and you would do well to accept that she is doing you good and that YOU ARE IMPROVED
Lise: no nonsense just do it
Tony: Gonna knock you in the head every time you refuse to believe that
Lise: yeah
well, dressage has always been a huge challenge for me
Tony: Funny i think its your best discipline
Lise: I feel like I’m going in that direction, as much as I love eventing and hate dressage queens …
really? dressage?
haha
that’s very astute of you
Tony: yea..your scores have never been about your ability but the limitations of your horse
you have have very good form
and the mechanics that you have learned from michele have shown a great improvement in bringing the whole package together
Lise: well, thanks!
Tony: the only thing hold you back is you sabotaging yourself with negative thoughts
Lise: I know
Tony: You ride better than most people I see
even the people that beat you in competition
Lise: and I feel like that’s behind me more–I can accept that I’m not a total dressage machine, and it’s a striving for constant improvement
thanks, jeez
Tony: they just have better horses and you don’t give yourself the credit and therefore you don’t put the correct time into practice
Lise: you hit it right there–practice wise that is
Tony: I know I did
I’m smart like that
Lise: my mindset is definitely changing
Tony: and sometimes I want to kick you in the ass
Lise: I know everyone does
it’s kind of a choice of convenience too, though
Tony: well its silly ..You have potential..more potential than most riders in your age group will ever have
Lise: easier to pursue just one discipline
thanks
Tony: but you need to want that potential and you are only going to achieve it by doing it
so yea
I’m done
$500 please
Lise: haha aw
you could be a sports psych!
how about that for a career change?
Tony: people like you would drive me batshit
haha
I mean that lovingly of course

Comments
Post a Comment