Keane’s a good boy

So I groomed and hand walked Keane for a half hour or so. I tried the nylon cavesson I got from Double G's consignment room on Keane, but it's just too small. He was fussy with his head as I fiddled with it, and I could feel myself losing patience. I did whack him on the neck when it got to be excessive, and he quit, surprised. I have to remember he's a 3 year old, basically a teenaged horse, and he's NOTHING like Clover was at that age. Or ever will be. That said, he is a remarkably well behaved young horse, considering the lack of handling up til now. I'm praying to the gods that I don't mess him up by the time he gets broke. Positive reinforcement, positive reinforcement, shape good behavior, correct bad behavior and let it go. Don't lose patience. Keep at it and he'll be fine.

Comments

Popular Posts