AWS Inspection year end award

The AWS announced their year end awards, and Keane was 4th overall (in the country!!) in his division. Scroll down to the heading 2 YEAR OLDS GELDINGS & STALLIONS

4th - 74.800 INNIS KEANE (Lord Majikjaz (AWS) / Innisfaeth), Owner: Lisa B, NH, Breeder: Innisfailte Pinto Sporthorses, ME

Meanwhile, last night I started working with Keane in earnest, taking him to the UNH indoor while Christine rode Irish. There were horses going in and out of the indoor, and 4 horses being ridden. I'd hoped to show him around, let him get used to it and try some lunging, but with all the activity I didn't want to risk a blowup and mess up other peoples' rides. So I worked him in hand (walk-halt-walk-turn-hey, listen to me-halt-walk-move shoulders over-etc.) and let him get a good gander at what was going on. He's been to the indoor before, as a yearling, to keep him moving after he'd been gelded.

I have to admit it was a little nerve wracking because I couldn't control the environment, but it was good exposure to have horses circling around us at all gaits. I'll probably bring him again on Weds night and see what we can do. Just hanging out and letting him get used to what goes on in the big wide world off the farm is a good start.

Comments

Popular Posts