Beach ride

Christine and I took Irish and Clover to Hampton Beach to get a ride in before it closed to horses for the season. We met Michelle and her new horse, Willie. He's without a doubt destined to be an eventer--curious and bold. It was a really nice day weatherwise, sunny and fair, with a chilly breeze. We rode up and down the beach, hemmed in by a jetty and a group of people flying a kite--Irish wasn't too crazy about it. so we amused ourselve by doing some laps and trying to get our horses into the water. The last time I went to the beach with Clover, I'd forgotten a girth and had to ride bareback, and couldn't get her into the water then--the waves lapping up seem to confound them, or the foam or some combination of wave action thereof--and I couldn't this time around, even though I was properly saddled up. There was an inlet by the jetty, and we all got our horses to wade around in it, and of course Clover had to crap in it and leave some floating road apples. Nice.

Comments

  1. I've wondered what are horses would do if we rode on the beach. I hope to find out someday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts