In the short term

I had a pretty good ride last night, but I think I've deduced conclusively (proved empirically?) that the Isabell works for me, but not for Clover. Even though last night was just the second time I had it back on her, I could tell it wasn't going to work, even with the widest gullet plate in it. Back to the treeless--until I can find the cash or means to acquire the right saddle. I've learned a lot about what works and what doesn't, for me and for Clover, and I think what I'm going to have to do it buy a well-made (meaning expensive) treed saddle and have it checked by a good fitter once or twice a year. Duh.

But for now the treeless is going to have to do, and I'm going to have to suck it up and deal with an all-purpose and lack of positional stability (ok, my seat sucks). Last night's ride started out ok, but when I started doing more canter work, it started to go south. Clover got tenser, tighter through her back and shorter strided, and started to rush through my hands, So that's that.

Comments

Popular Posts