Fall fell

The clippers are coming out this week! Clover blew her summer coat a week, no, two weeks ago, and she's sweating up a storm when I ride. Which means she gets all damp and it takes forever to dry her out so she doesn't get chilled. Time to body clip! Mmm. Yellow raincoat, hood tied 'round the chin, hairs finding their way down my bra anyways. Hair in the eyes, hair in the mouth, hair everywhere, ptoo! My mare has an excess of hair.

MRF has its last schooling show this weekend. I signed up to do test 2 once again (third time's a charm? ha!) but my truck's brake pedal has grown long. I can't get it into the garage until Friday. I might have to ride to Nottingham on Sunday. No truck means no lesson tomorrow, either.

Last week's flu bug also kept me from a lesson, so I'm a little adrift again. Some of the exercises Michele showed me to help get Clover to take a steadier acceptance of the bit has become the proverbial razor in the hands of a monkey. I'm going leave those for her supervision and go back to focusing more on school figures and transitions. I think I just heard my mare say "thank god."

Comments

Popular Posts