Just do it. Yeah, right.

I got on Clover last night; Mico's been slightly off in his left fore (no, I didn't cause it with my bad riding!) and so I got on my old girl, knowing that she'd be more forgiving of my clumsy riding and figure out what I'm trying to ask of her with my random yanks and kicks.

It's not that bad, but that's how it feels at times. It's easier for me to ride a less sensitive horse, and I know Clover so well, what it takes to warm her up, to get through her resistances, get her forward and softer and start to carry herself more. Transitions: walk-halt-walk, walk-trot-walk; leg yields, which get me organized and using the aids correctly--not just holding and tugging; shoulder-fore and -in; etc. I can do this while not being 100% correct in my seat, although I want to be. Once I get through, things get easier and I do ride better. It's strange. I just need to relax. I wish I could. Riding Mico will get me there, but I have to have a breakthrough somewhere in meantime.

Comments

Popular Posts