Hiatus
I told Christine and Katrina, my riding buddies, and Tony, of course. They all know why I want to take a break from riding. I'm relieved that everyone understands. I feel more relaxed inside, but still interested in the horses as a whole, still want to do peripheral activities like grooming and spectating, not to mention working with Keane in hand to get him ready for the AWS inspection in October.
I think, actually, I know that a large part of the reason why I'm taking a break is that I'm not not fully recovered from the burnout that resulted after several years of being my old trainer's gal Friday. I have a hard time committing to riding the amount I need to in order to train successfully because of the resentment I still attach to it.
Maybe I should take advantage of working at a university and take some free classes in psychology, become a sports psychologist specializing in equestrian athletes. Tony thinks I could make megamoola doing it. Hell, I do a pretty good job of understanding why I act and do things the way I do, and everyone knows it's easier to give advice than to follow it, so why not?
I think, actually, I know that a large part of the reason why I'm taking a break is that I'm not not fully recovered from the burnout that resulted after several years of being my old trainer's gal Friday. I have a hard time committing to riding the amount I need to in order to train successfully because of the resentment I still attach to it.
Maybe I should take advantage of working at a university and take some free classes in psychology, become a sports psychologist specializing in equestrian athletes. Tony thinks I could make megamoola doing it. Hell, I do a pretty good job of understanding why I act and do things the way I do, and everyone knows it's easier to give advice than to follow it, so why not?

Comments
Post a Comment