Lapse
Spent a lot of time trying to get my shit together at the walk, ostensibly I wanted to get Mico stretched out over his topline and swinging, but my tense stiffness caused some heaviness and behind the vertical action. I rode around, trying to get Mico and myself loosened up, and all I could think was, "There's a reason every horse I get on is heavy and stiff ... " Dang. Not only that, but I'm picking up stupid habits again like looking down and hanging on the damn inside rein.
Towards the end of the ride I did loosen up. Did some sitting trot short side/leg yield up long side to work out the aids and work on transitions ... finally got around to experimenting with finding my left seatbone at the sitting trot, really felt like I was contorting just to get it there. I did get a little left lead canter, I'm having a few a-ha moments here and there. Katrina said I actually looked good, but it felt like I was leaning way back, though. Time to start riding stirrupless ...

Comments
Post a Comment