Try to have fun

Rode Mico last night for only the third time since recuperating from the back injury incurred when he tossed me off almost a month and a half ago. I've been struggling, so I took Tony's advice and just tried to have fun. I focused more on the social aspect of riding with my riding partners (nascent event team?) Christine and Katrina, and worried less about needing to be perfect in the saddle. I've accepted the fact that I'm weak after a month plus of inactivity (save for the physical therapy), and the only way I'm going to get back on track with Mico is just keep getting hours in the saddle until my seat and legs back under me. I need to curb the negative inner monologue, and plug away at it until things improve on my end.

Katrina had wrinkled her nose up, grinned and said it was nice to have me back riding with them again. Though I shrugged it off, I blushed inwardly; it was an awfully sweet thing for her to say.

Comments

Popular Posts