This is what you get
I just got pissed off at Tony. He called his sister earlier in the evening to wish her a happy birthday (she’s 30), and when she called back, he jokingly asked her, “So you’re what? 35? 36?”
I am, of course, 37. I took offense that he felt it humorous to tease his sister by aging her prematurely. The implication being, there is nothing attactive about a woman aging in this plastic-woman society. Ha, ha, ha.
I’m 37. In two and a half years, I’ll be 40.
Yeah, real fucking funny. And there you see how shallowly the wound this past year has left on me has healed. I feel so fucking damaged, my head is all turned around and I don’t know what is right in a marriage. I don’t know how to be. Again I resent this person who fucked me over so thoroughly. It takes so little. It hurts so much.
Now I can’t even talk to him. I’m angry and I don’t know what to say. So I don’t say a thing.
I am, of course, 37. I took offense that he felt it humorous to tease his sister by aging her prematurely. The implication being, there is nothing attactive about a woman aging in this plastic-woman society. Ha, ha, ha.
I’m 37. In two and a half years, I’ll be 40.
Yeah, real fucking funny. And there you see how shallowly the wound this past year has left on me has healed. I feel so fucking damaged, my head is all turned around and I don’t know what is right in a marriage. I don’t know how to be. Again I resent this person who fucked me over so thoroughly. It takes so little. It hurts so much.
Now I can’t even talk to him. I’m angry and I don’t know what to say. So I don’t say a thing.

Comments
Post a Comment