Cross country schooling at Pipestave
It was great, despite the humidity. Started out in the far field, where the warm up used to be, they've added several new fences. We started off over a log, then went on to jump pretty much everything else on creation that wasn't blocked off. A couple of log jumps and coops down by the middle field's tree line were marked off limits with wire and surveyor tape.
Mico gave me a few looky stops at first, but I got him over (“Mico! We are going over this jump!”) and the rest of the school went very well. He's still in the getting-exposure stage of training (I think he's 6 now?) and has a bit of a “make me” attitude. He's the one I have a hard time “getting" on the flat. But he's so much fun and uncomplicated galloping and jumping! I think I'll have an easier time on the flat now that we've gone out and had some fun together. Christine said she enjoyed seeing someone else get on and jump him, as much as I had watching Katrina riding Clover.
Clover was a doll (if not a bit behind the leg); Katrina is an experienced rider, but had an accident last fall and is working her confidence up again. It was great to see her relax and have a good time on Clover—she was literally beaming. She looked good on her, too.
And of course, Christine with her Heinz-57 cross Irish, the greenest horse there, had the best day. It was only his third x-c school, and he just ate it up.
Mico gave me a few looky stops at first, but I got him over (“Mico! We are going over this jump!”) and the rest of the school went very well. He's still in the getting-exposure stage of training (I think he's 6 now?) and has a bit of a “make me” attitude. He's the one I have a hard time “getting" on the flat. But he's so much fun and uncomplicated galloping and jumping! I think I'll have an easier time on the flat now that we've gone out and had some fun together. Christine said she enjoyed seeing someone else get on and jump him, as much as I had watching Katrina riding Clover.
Clover was a doll (if not a bit behind the leg); Katrina is an experienced rider, but had an accident last fall and is working her confidence up again. It was great to see her relax and have a good time on Clover—she was literally beaming. She looked good on her, too.
And of course, Christine with her Heinz-57 cross Irish, the greenest horse there, had the best day. It was only his third x-c school, and he just ate it up.

Comments
Post a Comment