Cross country schooling at Green Acres

First thing this morning, just about. Lovely day, sunny but not too hot with a light breeze. Stuff like that matters when you get older.

I just wanted to get over some more obstacles to get over this issue I have of dropping Clover a stride or two out. Riding forward and remembering to keep my hands low solved the issue. Riding forward makes it much easier to jump out of stride.

We strung together several obstacle combinations, and I felt good about the work we did. Just have to add some gymnastic sessions to work out spot and striding—riding consistently will be the best defense.

We even cantered through water, rather than just slowly walking in and trotting out. Nice that this time of year the kinks are worked out, I find the gas pedal, and everything comes together. I'm thinking of doing a couple of local schooling three phases and maybe consider UNH or some such in the fall.

Comments

Popular Posts