At the UNH rings
Once again, off to a good start after several weeks of sporadic ring work. Willingness to go forward ok, a little on the forehand and heavy in the left rein (per usual), but not bad. And shredded rubber had been added to the warm up down at the rings, for last weekend's USDF-sanctioned dressage show.
And then—Got on my friend's Haflinger, Mico. My god, I have no abs. He's talented but crafty, and he'll take any fraction you unwittingly give. I may take a lesson or two on him, as my friend wants to keep him going, but with her young prospect ready for real work, she doesn't have as much time as she'd like to invest in Mico. And seeing as I don't have the budget for extras like lessons, clinics and competitions this season, a free ride or two on a new horse will be good for me.
Plus, it was good for me to get over myself and just get on someone else's horse and let myself make mistakes. My friend isn't at all worried that I might unintentionally ruin her horse, she thinks I'll figure him out soon enough.
And then—Got on my friend's Haflinger, Mico. My god, I have no abs. He's talented but crafty, and he'll take any fraction you unwittingly give. I may take a lesson or two on him, as my friend wants to keep him going, but with her young prospect ready for real work, she doesn't have as much time as she'd like to invest in Mico. And seeing as I don't have the budget for extras like lessons, clinics and competitions this season, a free ride or two on a new horse will be good for me.
Plus, it was good for me to get over myself and just get on someone else's horse and let myself make mistakes. My friend isn't at all worried that I might unintentionally ruin her horse, she thinks I'll figure him out soon enough.

Comments
Post a Comment