Dressage at the UNH rings
Back from a long weekend in Florida and some rainy, raw weather this week; rode for the first time in a week and a half. Decided to try the loose-ring french link bit again, to see if it would help me soften Clover’s jaw. We seem to have been leaning on each other, especially on the left side.
Had a low-key, but pretty good ride. Lots of stretching out over the topline, keeping Clover forward, 20 meter circles and figure 8’s to warm up. I didn’t ride her too much up in the bridle or shorten her frame, since I hadn’t ridden in a while. The bit seemed to work ok, if nothing else I was less wooden in the hands. Clover tried to lean into the bridle a lot over the course of the ride, but it was easy for me to kick her forward and give at the same time so she’d have nothing to lean on.
Did some shoulder fore at the walk, some leg-yielding, then picking the trot up right away. Definitely can feel more push in the hind legs after lateral movement. Neat.
Had a low-key, but pretty good ride. Lots of stretching out over the topline, keeping Clover forward, 20 meter circles and figure 8’s to warm up. I didn’t ride her too much up in the bridle or shorten her frame, since I hadn’t ridden in a while. The bit seemed to work ok, if nothing else I was less wooden in the hands. Clover tried to lean into the bridle a lot over the course of the ride, but it was easy for me to kick her forward and give at the same time so she’d have nothing to lean on.
Did some shoulder fore at the walk, some leg-yielding, then picking the trot up right away. Definitely can feel more push in the hind legs after lateral movement. Neat.

Comments
Post a Comment