Milder night

weatherwise but crazier at the indoor, busy again with a variety of equestrians now that the holidays are well and truly over.

I tried the Wintec again. The beginning of the ride wasn't very good, I was tense, not organized, not focused or paying attention. I think I'm a little too worried about watching out for other riders instead of focusing on our own routine.

I just kept asking Clover to go forward and bend. I wanted to give up, because my riding was sucking, and I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere, not compared to our last ride. But, I'm realizing that I have to push on and get over the hump, because things will improve if I keep trying. I spent more time on circling at the trot and canter tonight, rather than some of the usual straight-line/corner exercises we've been working on.

At some point, I started to relax and focus more, and the last few minutes of trot and canter work were much improved. Clover's really carrying herself at the canter! It's amazing, I can just sit there and sit up and ride the canter, rather than stuff and push and huff along to keep her in the canter, never mind keep a nice, round, balanced canter. Maybe it's the e/selenium as well as maturity?

P.S. I'm keeping the Wintec and ordering a wide gullet plate for just in case.

Comments

Popular Posts