Better today

Trucked over to the indoor, got a chance to get a good feel of the Wintec. It felt even better than it had on the trail, which was fairly obvious since I wasn't trying to gallop in it.

It was easy for me to just sit up and relax into the correct position. I noticed immediately that I wanted to resume the nagging habit with my lower leg, so I would try to remind myself to relax my entire leg, when I did, it would relax into a better position than when I ride in the A/P.

Got some good work from Clover, her attitude has been great the past few weeks. I've been stretching her legs before and after rides, trying to warm up slowly and thoroughly (I finally feel like I have a good routine), and incorporating more canter into warm up and regular work, much more so than last year. She really feels like she's finally carrying herself, more balanced, at the canter. It's a hell of a lot more rhythmic and comfortable. She feels more powerful.

I kept it pretty basic today, longer warm up, trying to keep the shoulders straight, halts and reinbacks, even a few strides of leg yield at the trot. I did get braver and started to work some more sitting trot into the ride, only a little bit, but I hope to start riding tests at the sitting trot (unless otherwise specified). Also, turn on the forehand, turns up the centerline, and a doubler. Once Clover is warmed up and there (on the aids), she gets pretty wiggly. I'll worry about accuracy once we get more fit, but of course I'll keep working it in.

So, it was one of those rides that made me feel hopeful again. I'll have to keep trying the saddle out for the rest of the week, now that I know it fits me and I'm not fighting against it to stay in position, I want to make sure it fits Clover very well.

Comments

Popular Posts