I still have a horse, btw.
It has been a while! Clover is thoroughly enjoying her reduced work schedule, which usually entails me trying out various dressage saddles. I have to get some pictures of her soon, her winter coat is coming in all dappled. She's hardly recognizable.
In order to continue saving money for our own (very) little farm, we moved from Meadow Lane to a friend's small pasture board facility. I'll miss the easygoing atmosphere of Jane's, but we're now enjoying lots of trail rides and quiet time. Even Tony came out to ride for the first time in ages last weekend—he looked great and even trotted a little.
Now it's dark when I get out of work, so I try to do short rides at dusk and longer trail rides on the weekend. I've been taking it easy the past couple of weeks, I had Clover's shoes pulled for the winter and she was a little tender. Time and venice turpentine are taking care of that.
I'm starting to think about next season, now that I have my own transportation and no other demands on my free time, I feel the urge to take advantage of it!
Oh yea, I almost forgot—we entered a show back at the end of Sept. I think it's been about 22 years since I was in the show ring! Like cheaters, we did the dressage suitability division, and got reserve champion. We lost out to a steppy Morgan, who had a toe flick extension. We don't even have a real lengthening! Still, it was amusing to cruise around the ring on autopilot and win a trophy.
In order to continue saving money for our own (very) little farm, we moved from Meadow Lane to a friend's small pasture board facility. I'll miss the easygoing atmosphere of Jane's, but we're now enjoying lots of trail rides and quiet time. Even Tony came out to ride for the first time in ages last weekend—he looked great and even trotted a little.
Now it's dark when I get out of work, so I try to do short rides at dusk and longer trail rides on the weekend. I've been taking it easy the past couple of weeks, I had Clover's shoes pulled for the winter and she was a little tender. Time and venice turpentine are taking care of that.
I'm starting to think about next season, now that I have my own transportation and no other demands on my free time, I feel the urge to take advantage of it!
Oh yea, I almost forgot—we entered a show back at the end of Sept. I think it's been about 22 years since I was in the show ring! Like cheaters, we did the dressage suitability division, and got reserve champion. We lost out to a steppy Morgan, who had a toe flick extension. We don't even have a real lengthening! Still, it was amusing to cruise around the ring on autopilot and win a trophy.

Comments
Post a Comment