Still out of shape

Got to ride in the early afternoon yesterday, after picking up the new car. I'm just assuming at this point both Clover and I are out of shape, so we did some walk work and a tiny bit of trotting. In reality, it's just me who's out of shape and unmotivated.

Well, ok, the recent spate of rain didn't help. I think it says more about me that I go see Clover when the weather's bad, than when the weather's decent. So I don't have to ride. So I don't have to risk anything. Making mistakes. Fucking up. Raising my self-expectations.

I will say this for myself: I gave my tack a thorough cleaning and conditioning last night.

I swung back to the western training side of things yesterday. Besides giving me a new training challenge, I'm still thinking it'll suit Clover better.

Random thoughts:
--take some lessons/training western style, which entails
--setting up a lesson.

If it looks good:
--keep all purpose saddle, sell dressage saddles and buy western saddle
--go from there.

Ah, shit, I dunno. I have all this gear for eventing.

--breed Clover, get speedy event prospect …

Comments

Popular Posts