Rainmaker

Apparently, I have the magical ability to cause it to rain just by getting in my car and heading to the barn. It was raining pretty steadily by the time I got there yesterday, so I just gave Clover a good grooming and helped Jane clip KC's ears, and pick out a couple of stalls.

I rode last Thursday, I lengthened the stirrups on the Crosby, in order to do dressage. Walk work was fine, but when we picked up the trot, I was all over the place, trying to keep my legs from jamming in front of me in the classic chair seat position. What's that saying? All purpose, no purpose. I shortened the stirrups pretty quickly and sent Clover into a hand gallop, to get her in front of my leg.

We did some suppling exercises (please follow the rein nicely, Mare), transitions trot-canter-trot. I got my dressage saddle back from Christine the next day.

Comments

Popular Posts