Bitch, rinse, repeat

Ok, here's an entry, already! Several--yes, more than two--people have asked when I was going to update the log. So here's an update. It's getting colder, it's dark when I get out of work, and I'm unmotivated, what else is new for this time of year? Clover has been waiting a week for me to finish her trace clip. But she hasn't complained, she got a new winter blanket and new shoes, after all. Well, new front shoes, anyways. The hind shoes got pulled for the winter, so she can skip around semi-barefooted.

My friend Julie came up and rode a couple of weekends ago--she hadn't been on a horse since she was a kid, and I was happy to oblige. Clover was her usual, steady self (if only I had a quarter for every time I said that). Jess and Min came down to the ring to see if I would set up a gymnastic line for them to work over in preparation for their upcoming clinic. I wound up being my own guinea pig, Julie got to see all my warts over fences. I'd set up a bounce to a one stride, but wound up riding it like a one to a two stride--I kept chipping Clover into the first element and getting left on the second and third elements. Once I started grabbing mane to make myself fold my elbows, it got a little better. I'm sure Jess and Min were amused by my display of how not to ride a gymnastic, haha.

Ok, it wasn't that bad.

I hate riding all bundled up. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Wash, rinse, you get the picture.

Comments

Popular Posts