Bad wackiness
So, apparently I've gone crazy, announced my semi-retirement from competing and am starting my career as a cowgirl. Ok, Got a cowpony, check. Uh, saddle ... nope. Heh. I tried out a nice western saddle (silver conchos and all) last night, but it was too narrow for Clover's shoulder. What's the hell's gotten in to me? The short answer is that I'm burnt out (in general) and broke (specifically). So, I'm going to attempt to try something new, as soon as I can get an affordable saddle fitted to me and Clover. I'm not giving up the eventing, I still want to get Clover and me to Training, but I need some unwinding. And what better way to unwind than saddle up the cowpony and hit the trails. Yup.
We went out with Jess and Pooh to do some conditioning, after switching back to the usual all purpose saddle. It's that time of year again, when I bitch about how bad the freaking deerflies are. Needless to say, we trotted/cantered nearly the entire way. Thank god for horses from out west with tough feet. Pooh's turning into quite the brave cross country mare, on the way home, she trotted over the bridge, in the lead. Hoo-hah. Clover was her usual steady self.
We went out with Jess and Pooh to do some conditioning, after switching back to the usual all purpose saddle. It's that time of year again, when I bitch about how bad the freaking deerflies are. Needless to say, we trotted/cantered nearly the entire way. Thank god for horses from out west with tough feet. Pooh's turning into quite the brave cross country mare, on the way home, she trotted over the bridge, in the lead. Hoo-hah. Clover was her usual steady self.

Comments
Post a Comment