Jump lesson
Took Clover out for some conditioning work last night. We did some trot and canter sets from the bridge to the sandpit (I'll have to measure the distance some time). Pika and Em came along too, he was a good boy.
~~~
May Day! Mayday! M’aidez! My jumping position has me all discombobulated! So, how you like the new font? Heh.
Jess, Em and I all had a jump lesson, with varying degrees of success. Pooh and Bubba were being pips, especially Pooh. Clover was her usual steady self, and my reward for having a good horse was having to go through a gymnastic line several times without stirrups. Argh. I haven’t been running as much as I was a couple of weeks ago, so my legs felt weak. I could barely get into two-point, but I guess that was the whole purpose of the exercise, keeping me from pinching with my knees and jumping ahead.
The progression of gymnastics: crossrail-2 stride-x-rail; x-rail-2 stride-vertical; x-rail-bounce-cavaletti-bounce-x-rail; x-rail-bounce-cavaletti-bounce-vertical. Finally, vertical-1 stride-oxer. I was really happy that Clover was getting the bounce gymnastic and picking her feet up, but I was getting confuselated with my position. I don’t release, I shove my shoulders forward and keep my hands at the base of the neck. But when I do release with my hands, I overdo with my upper body. I’m having a hard time getting the right feel and release consistently. I’ve done it right several times, but have a hard time duplicating it. I revert to bad habits.
The oxer was BN/N height, it didn’t faze me. I like it when jumps don’t look too big anymore! We’ll see how Huntington looks for Novice height …
Join the notify list! You’ll get e-mail when I update! Plug your email address into the box, and you’ll get a confirmation email. Go to the link on that email, and you’ll be all signed up! Then you wont have to check the site everyday for new entries (unless you just can’t live without me, you stalkers!)
~~~
May Day! Mayday! M’aidez! My jumping position has me all discombobulated! So, how you like the new font? Heh.
Jess, Em and I all had a jump lesson, with varying degrees of success. Pooh and Bubba were being pips, especially Pooh. Clover was her usual steady self, and my reward for having a good horse was having to go through a gymnastic line several times without stirrups. Argh. I haven’t been running as much as I was a couple of weeks ago, so my legs felt weak. I could barely get into two-point, but I guess that was the whole purpose of the exercise, keeping me from pinching with my knees and jumping ahead.
The progression of gymnastics: crossrail-2 stride-x-rail; x-rail-2 stride-vertical; x-rail-bounce-cavaletti-bounce-x-rail; x-rail-bounce-cavaletti-bounce-vertical. Finally, vertical-1 stride-oxer. I was really happy that Clover was getting the bounce gymnastic and picking her feet up, but I was getting confuselated with my position. I don’t release, I shove my shoulders forward and keep my hands at the base of the neck. But when I do release with my hands, I overdo with my upper body. I’m having a hard time getting the right feel and release consistently. I’ve done it right several times, but have a hard time duplicating it. I revert to bad habits.
The oxer was BN/N height, it didn’t faze me. I like it when jumps don’t look too big anymore! We’ll see how Huntington looks for Novice height …
Join the notify list! You’ll get e-mail when I update! Plug your email address into the box, and you’ll get a confirmation email. Go to the link on that email, and you’ll be all signed up! Then you wont have to check the site everyday for new entries (unless you just can’t live without me, you stalkers!)

Comments
Post a Comment