Thompson School 2 phase

Scan42

Scan44

We did it! We won our division at T-School! And won a lovely ceramic mug for our efforts. It was colder and windier than I expected, especially considering we just had a couple of 80-90 degree days. A lot of the horses there were pretty high, including a stablemate's youngster. Clover was energetic (for her), but put in a very steady test, one of our best yet. Our improvements on the canter work were reflected in the scores, though the judge commented that the left canter didn't have as much jump through as the canter to the right. And I was early on some transitions—I need to work more on accuracy. Our first centerline was straight, but at the final halt, Clover stepped right and I didn't correct her. And Tony blabbed about it to my trainer, who had been in the warm up ring with the another student during my test.

Scan46

Scan47

Still, we got a 31.5, good enough to put us into first. Then it was time for hurry up and wait for our jumping test, which was held in the UNH indoor, and the fences were lower than max for the division. Much lower—Clover just trotted over them. It was actually kind of comical. The course was straightforward, a bit tight as usual for the indoor, but not a problem. A diaognal line, corner to bending line, change of direction and back over the first fence in reverse. We had a hesitation at the 3rd jump, a rainbow colored fan, but dribbled over and plodded on to the rest of the course, and also had a rub at the black and white RR panel, but it stayed up and we stayed clean to clinch first.

Em and Pika were 3rd after their dressage, but had a stop at the black and white fence and finished 5th overall. I didn't get to see Min at all, but I heard she finished 5th in her division and had a great jumping round, too.

This weekend we're off to a jumping clinic with Alyce McNeil at Green Acres, our warm up for King Oak!

Comments

Popular Posts