Aftereffect
Quick weekend update … now I’m torn between getting the Zandstra Blues from Dimon or the Zandstras from Nordic Skater. I guess whomever I hear from first … Looks like I’ll be going to a Montshire practice next Saturday morning. I’m excited, and counting on the low intimidation factor to carry me through. hah.
Rode Clover yesterday and today. The stumble we took last weekend has obviously knocked her neck and poll, possibly even her shoulders out of whack. Spent yesterday’s ride slowing down the walk and stretching her out again. Had a lesson today—spent a lot of time at the walk, slowing it down and getting her to step forward without rushing, half-pass, and moved on to trot and canter work, just basic stuff.
We had great up and down transitions to canter from trot and back again—even though we haven’t been working hard through the winter, Clover’s matured even more, and she was carrying herself in the canter, I could feel more power in her hind end, it was a great ride and just what I needed once again.
It’ll be hard to pursue speedskating, but I think I’ll be able to keep both up reasonably well at my level (super Novice) in both sports. Entries to come …
Rode Clover yesterday and today. The stumble we took last weekend has obviously knocked her neck and poll, possibly even her shoulders out of whack. Spent yesterday’s ride slowing down the walk and stretching her out again. Had a lesson today—spent a lot of time at the walk, slowing it down and getting her to step forward without rushing, half-pass, and moved on to trot and canter work, just basic stuff.
We had great up and down transitions to canter from trot and back again—even though we haven’t been working hard through the winter, Clover’s matured even more, and she was carrying herself in the canter, I could feel more power in her hind end, it was a great ride and just what I needed once again.
It’ll be hard to pursue speedskating, but I think I’ll be able to keep both up reasonably well at my level (super Novice) in both sports. Entries to come …

Comments
Post a Comment