It's a new year, and damn, it's cold

Well, yes, I have done a little bit of riding here and there. Mostly hacking out on the trails, on weekends, with anyone who'll ask (usually Wen and Kath). It's just too damn cold to ride after dark, after work. Plus, there's a thin crust of ice in the ring, and no new snow in sight. And Clover doesn't seem to mind one little bit. She may be in for a rude surprise this weekend, though—Wen asked me if I was interested in doing a lesson with her at Green Acres. My trainer thinks it's a great idea, and is willing to truck me and someone else in for a ride.

The fungal infection that had been plaguing Clover's fetlocks since October has been cleared up, with some good advice from Meg and an associate of hers from the vet clinic, a dermatologist who used to specialize in horses. They told me that most “fungal” infections are or turn bacterial, and the best way to clear them up is with betadine or chlorhexidine baths and a combination of Panalog and antibacterial ointment, like Bactoderm. Hey, Meg, thanks! For the advice and the supplies and meds.

Like the way I throw around those terms? I know you do. That's why you like me—my staggeringly large vocabulary.

Comments

Popular Posts