She’s a fun-gi
I'm back. Been busy, hectic, and stressed, and now I have a lovely rash on my arm to show for it. Too much information. Ok, moving on:
During the week that I was packing and moving house, Clover developed a patch of scratches (skin fungus) on the inside of her left hind pastern. Between that and what we guess was a kick or other injury, her lower hind leg swelled up pretty significantly. I was pulling Clover out of the paddock for my friend Jen to ride, when I looked down at Clover's legs and said, “Whoa … ”
So Clover got a week's worth of antibiotics, cold hosing, fungal treating, leg sweating (applying a furazone/DMSO mix to the affected area, wrapping it with cotton, plastic wrap and a standing bandage overnight to generate heat and reduce swelling), and hand walking. I finally got back on her today, after nearly two weeks. Oh, did I also mention that I took her off of Regumate a couple of days ago? Boy, was there a big difference. Every time I put my leg on, the ears went back.
On the lighter side, I did do my very first by myself trace clip on Clover. It actually came out pretty good! Especially considering I didn't use tape or chalk to mark the lines for clipping. It was mild and warm today, and I was able to give Clover a warm water bath to get the gungies out of her coat before clipping it. Having freshly sharpened blades and repaired clippers made the job that much easier.
It's weird not living with Clover anymore, but she's a quick stop on the way home after work, so it hasn't affected my routine too much. Except I have more of a social life of late.
During the week that I was packing and moving house, Clover developed a patch of scratches (skin fungus) on the inside of her left hind pastern. Between that and what we guess was a kick or other injury, her lower hind leg swelled up pretty significantly. I was pulling Clover out of the paddock for my friend Jen to ride, when I looked down at Clover's legs and said, “Whoa … ”
So Clover got a week's worth of antibiotics, cold hosing, fungal treating, leg sweating (applying a furazone/DMSO mix to the affected area, wrapping it with cotton, plastic wrap and a standing bandage overnight to generate heat and reduce swelling), and hand walking. I finally got back on her today, after nearly two weeks. Oh, did I also mention that I took her off of Regumate a couple of days ago? Boy, was there a big difference. Every time I put my leg on, the ears went back.
On the lighter side, I did do my very first by myself trace clip on Clover. It actually came out pretty good! Especially considering I didn't use tape or chalk to mark the lines for clipping. It was mild and warm today, and I was able to give Clover a warm water bath to get the gungies out of her coat before clipping it. Having freshly sharpened blades and repaired clippers made the job that much easier.
It's weird not living with Clover anymore, but she's a quick stop on the way home after work, so it hasn't affected my routine too much. Except I have more of a social life of late.

Comments
Post a Comment