A little night ride

It's been incredibly mild this month. I've been getting out and riding 2-3 times a week, not as much as I'd like, but better than I expected (I tend to suffer from end-of-the season/end of daylight savings doldrums)

I know I've said that before.

Last night, we just did some flat work, including some work at the canter to the right. I still have the hanging-on-the-right-rein affliction; no wonder Clover isn't jumping through at the canter. That is, besides the fact that she's out of shape now.

While we were cooling down, I did some leg yields at the walk. She was good at moving away from my legs, but wanted to lead with the left shoulder while leg yielding away from my right leg. But I was able to control it and push her haunches over and shoulder back into place.

So, where is my left seatbone? I'm still having a hard time finding it.

Comments

Popular Posts